1. Read books on real subjects that you find interesting, from computers to
dinosaurs to sports - on any subject that YOU like.
2. If you like made-up stories, your librarian can help you find the kind of stories
you like - from mysteries to UFOs to animal stories - anything YOU like.
3. Join your library's Summer Reading Club every year - there are always plenty
of good books to read and other fun activities going on.
4. To improve your memory, memorize a little poem every week.
5. If your book has some big words in it, look in the dictionary to see what
they mean, then try to invent your own sentences using them.
6. If you discover an interesting book, share it with your friends. Talk about the
books you read.
7. If you like to invent stories, try to make up your own stories and write them
down or put on a play or a puppet show with your friends.
8. If you like real subjects, write down your ideas, or keep a diary, or start a
classroom newspaper with your friends, or write a poem about your pets or
your family - or anything YOU like.
9. Think of a book you like and try to write a story about what might happen next,
if the story didn't have to end.
10. Please remember that the more you read, the more you know, and the more
you know, the more you grow. Whatever you like, you can find it in a book or
you can invent it and put it into your own book. Books contain every idea that
people have ever had, so you can find the whole world waiting for you in books.
If you'd like to know more about Baby Bird Productions, we offer
fun, colorful CHILDREN'S CLOTHING, plus cheerful family gifts
and clothing. We also publish longer, fully illustrated, childsafe,
picture books, CHILDREN'S STORIES AND FAIRY TALES.
© Children's clothing, baby clothes and children's stories, plus clothing and unique gifts for the whole
family from Baby Bird Productions shops. Copyright: Barbara Freedman-De Vito, since 2003. This
site is protected by copyright internationally. All rights reserved.